Ayodeji Balogun, the multi-award winning singer and songwriter, popularly known as Wizkid, has revealed how he and Temilade Openiyi, aka Tems, recorded the hit song, ‘Essence’.
In a recent interview with GQ Magazine, Wizkid said, “I can’t even actually remember how we met but I know I brought her out for one of my shows in Lagos. We had talked about working (together) and I went back home to record.
“When I record at home, it’s like a crazy situation. I could be with about 10 producers. Everyone would have their rooms and we would just be making music. She (Tems) came to the hotel and we laid down the idea. It was effortless. We just lay down the melodies and she didn’t even think anything of it. She felt we had to do another record but I already knew we had made magic.”
Riding on the wave of his successful album, ‘Made in Lagos’, the 31-year-old singer who is currently on a world tour also stated that he liked to collaborate with different artistes.
He said, “I love meeting new artistes. When I’m in a room with a new artiste, it feels like I’m right there when the magic is about to take form. It is so exciting to me. When I get in the room with a new artiste, we learn from each other. I even get more excited getting in the room with new artistes than with my peers or friends. I cannot explain it.”
Our recent post:
- Bible Verse And Daily Prayer For Monday 1 November 2021.
- Motivational Quote For Monday November 1 2021.
- Inspirational Quote Of The Day: Sunday, October 31, 2021.
- Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate: Saturday 30 October, 2021.
- Inspirational Quote Of The Day: Saturday, October 30, 2021.
- Facebook Leaks The First Image Of Its Upcoming Meta Facebook Watch.
- Oppo Unveils A 5,000 mAh Battery Smartphone, Oppo A54.
- OAU Reveals Resumption Date For 2021/2022 Session.
- Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate: Friday 29 October, 2021.
- Tiwa Savage Reveals 5 Secrets About Herself After Leaked Video.