Veteran Nigerian actress, Sidikat Odukanwi, who is popularly known as Iyabo Oko, has dispelled the death rumours trailing her since photos and videos of her looking frail made the rounds on the Internet recently.
In a brief interview with Saturday Beats, the 62-year-old actress said, “I am doing fine. I am not dead. I am very much alive. I won’t die (yet); it is not my portion.”
Meanwhile, one of her daughters, Olamide, told Saturday Beats that her mother was diagnosed with ischaemic stroke about five years ago but chose to keep her health issues away from the public.
She said, “What affected my mum was the fact that she was not going for her medical check-ups. I want Nigerians to help provide a car for her. What happened (to her) could have been prevented but because of the unavailability of a car, things took a different turn. She lives very far from the hospital.
“When she had her last ‘attack’, I had to get a motorcycle to convey her to the junction before I could get a cab to pick her. She was diagnosed with right ischaemia stroke some years back. The first health scare happened about five years ago but she did not want anyone to know about it. My elder siblings even flew her to China for better medical treatment and she got better.
“Sadly, she had two other ‘attacks’. But, she instructed us not to tell anyone about it, that she would be fine. But seven days ago, she had another attack which affected her limbs. However, she is getting better. She can now talk and respond to people. The doctors have assured us that with the help of physiotherapy, she would be able to use her limbs again.
“We spoke out because we now need financial help. Her children are doing their best but they can’t do everything. Actresses like Foluke Daramola, Iyabo Ojo, Mercy Aigbe and Biodun Okeowo have assisted financially in the past.”
Our recent post:
- Bible Verse And Daily Prayer For Monday 1 November 2021.
- Motivational Quote For Monday November 1 2021.
- Inspirational Quote Of The Day: Sunday, October 31, 2021.
- Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate: Saturday 30 October, 2021.
- Inspirational Quote Of The Day: Saturday, October 30, 2021.
- Facebook Leaks The First Image Of Its Upcoming Meta Facebook Watch.
- Oppo Unveils A 5,000 mAh Battery Smartphone, Oppo A54.
- OAU Reveals Resumption Date For 2021/2022 Session.
- Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate: Friday 29 October, 2021.
- Tiwa Savage Reveals 5 Secrets About Herself After Leaked Video.